Thursday, June 28, 2012

Family comes first

So I had decided yesterday after much thought and talking with Becca and many kind and helpful words from friends that working in the office will benefit everyone. And after receiving a call at 3:30 this morning for an outage I totally was reminded why I made the choice I had made.  I can't stand working out in the field anymore though because it's just not for me.  I've never lasted long working in a job outside and I love being outside but that's just it..."being" not working in it.  I'm quite surprised and proud that I've actually lasted this long but it's time to move on.  I don't want to miss my children growing up.  I actually played with them this afternoon before they went to bed and I just love the feeling...no amount of money can replace that.  Plus I think I will do a rather good job in the office.  I do after all enjoy being on a computer and while it won't be all fun and games it will be more suited for my taste.  Plus I know they get to have a little fun in their so it's all good and I know there are rules and regulations to follow but I'm glad to say that from what I heard from the supervisor in dispatch I'll be able to grow my hair and beard so long as I keep it clean and I'll be able to wear my eyebrow piercing so I'll be able to retire the retainer I've been wearing.  Plus let us not forget I will be able to actually put some use to my rather extensive clothing collection.  Also I'll be getting a bike this weekend so I can still get exercise and save money on gas since I won't be using the companies dime on that.  So I did tell work today and tomorrow I'm doing a half day and afterwards I will be doing my interview for the dispatch position so please keep me in your thoughts and prayers that I get the job.

Much love and peace to you all,
Au Revoir
and
Adieu

No comments:

Post a Comment